1 – Promote composting as a treatment practice for organic waste
- Increase the number of waste treatment companies to compost;
- Reduce the amount of organic waste channeled to landfills;
- Sensitize the school community through lectures and study visits;
- Organize information sessions aimed at citizens promoting composting and good practices on selective collection;
- Organize workshops and advanced technical sessions on topics such as: composting and characterization of compost; characterization and applications of HS; characterization and applications of SH-based products in agriculture and soil remediation;
- Produce a manual of bilingual (digital and paper) good practices;
- Build and manage a webpage and accounts on social networks;
- Prepare an inventory on the production of waste.
2 – Promote the use of compost in agriculture as a fertilizer / substrate / soil broker of organic origin and contribute to a sustainable environmental management
- Increase the number of farmers using compost
- To demonstrate the effect of the application of the compound rich in humic substances on soil quality
- Characterize the compound produced from the chemical and microbiological point of view
- To characterize the chemical profile of humic substances (HS) and their biological activities
- Inventory waste generation
- Create and maintain an organic waste management tool.
3 – Analyze and optimize the composting process in order to improve the quality and quantity of the compound produced
- Relate the properties of the compound produced by the different companies and farmers (namely the chemical profile of SH) with the variables of the composting process.